Ashtanga Yoga Appreciation
and Mentorship Program
January – July 2021
I’m delighted to offer this program to which I bring 15 years of daily Ashtanga yoga practice and over ten years of teaching this method. I have studied for many years at the source of Ashtanga Yoga in Mysore, making my first trip in 2006 and being officially authorised level 2 in 2010. I have participated in two teacher trainings with R Sharath Jois in 2010 and 2014 and was one of the first students to assist him in the morning classes at KPJAYI. I’ve shared my love of Ashtanga Yoga in countries around the world including starting Mysore programs in Nagoya Japan and Dubai. I’m so looking forward to being able to share this experience with you!
This is a six-month weekend program for yoga practitioners and teachers to deepen their understanding of Ashtanga Yoga. The program will include one full-day Friday and a half-day Saturday per month, running from January – June 2020, as well as monthly homework, assignments, required reading and a commitment to a daily yoga asana and meditation practice.
The program will suit those who are already established Ashtanga practitioners but wanting to develop their personal sadhana under the close mentorship of an authorised teacher. It is also suitable for existing yoga teachers, wanting to develop their yoga-teaching skills and knowledge of Ashtanga yoga specifically. Students new to Ashtanga Yoga may also consider applying, however the daily practice (five days per week) is mandatory.
- One weekend per month (Friday 9:00-5:00pm, Saturday 8:00-12:00pm)
- Two homework/assignments per month (yoga philosophy, anatomy or personal development)
- Required reading from a recommended reading list
- A minimum of five days per week yoga & meditation practice
- Journal keeping
- Direct mentoring from Nea
- 9:00-10:30am – Ashtanga Explorations class
- 11:30 -1:30pm – Yoga Philosophy
- 2:00-5:00pm – Asana & adjustment techniques, practical anatomy
- 8:00-10:00am – Mysore practice
- 10:30-12:00am – Group brunch, review of homework assignments, discussion of next month’s homework, time for Q&A
For further information regarding this program
please email email@example.com